Top 10 Reasons to Be in a Relationship

I happen to stumble upon this site http://www.askmen.com/top_10/dating/top-10-reasons-to-stay-single.html which outlines and proudly explains why it's better for men to stay single.

Read that first, and then read this blog entry, but I also summarized it below, together with my top 10.

I decided to write the Top 10 reasons to be in a relationship (and when I say relationship, I mean marriage), not only because I am in one, but because I think there are guys are there who deserve to feel good that they are in a marriage. Oh yes, marriage is a challenging sometimes frustrating roller coaster ride, but I believe I don't speak for myself when I say, I wouldn't have it any other way.

#10 Reason to be Single: Your Career will Benefit
#10 Reason to be in a Relationship: Your Career will Soar Because You Care

My career has soared ever since I entered marriage. I believe it's because when you come home from work everyday and see your family, you feel a mix of obligation and inspiration. It's like, if I don't do well, my family will not have a good life they deserve - and it makes we want to be the best that I can be. Maybe some of you will think otherwise, but working for your family should be the best inspiration in the universe.

#9 Reason to be Single: You Never Need to Make Plans For Two
#9 Reason to be in a Relationship:  You Can Plan Fun Family Trips and Love It

I don't know about you, but I don't like making plans for just me anyway. When you plan with somebody you care about and love, it makes it more exciting, and something you look forward to.

#8 Reason to be Single: You'll Be Healthier
#8 Reason to be Single: You'll be Healthier Because your Partner Cares

My wife and I enjoy dieting together now, because we look out for each other's health. Let's face it, our bodies will eventually deteriorate whether we like it or not. Being in a loving relationship just makes being healthy a loving obligation to one another, because you would want to grow old gracefully together, and be there when your kids grow up to be adults.

#7 Reason to be Single:  Weddings are more fun
#7 Reasons to be in a Relationship: Weddings are Moments to Reminisce

When we go to weddings, it just brings back lovely memories of our wedding. 

#6 Reason to be Single: You can Enjoy Your Personal Space
#6 Reason to be in a Relationship: You will Enjoy Personal Space Even More 

It's true. When you are in a marriage, you share everything - the bed, the room, the bathroom, the remote control. You're always together, and sometimes, yes, it does invade personal space.  But when you DO get the personal space, it's bliss. Sometimes, my wife and son goes to Baguio, and I'm left alone in Manila because of work. It's gives me my personal space for a week or two, and same goes for my wife. Then, when she comes back, it's double bliss. Being in a relationship makes you appreciate your personal space, and miss your loved ones even more. Who needs personal space when I enjoy playing with my boy, laughing and talking with my wife (sometimes being scolded at haha) and doing things together. Being in your personal space everyday, well, that's just downright boring.

#5 Reason to be Single: You'll Save Money
#5 Reason to be in a Relationship: You'll Save More Money

When you're single, you don't have dependents. You don't have anyone to care about except yourself, so you can save more money. For me, that's not necessarily true. Single people spend more on personal effects, the gym, and powered body enhancing products because they have to look good to capture the opposite sex's eye. They pamper themselves with the money they earn, because obligation is non-existent. When you are in a relationship, you get to save money because you have to, for the future of your kids. You care more about investments, educational plans and health plans. Again people, not the same for some people, but just my thoughts on this matter.

#4 Reason to be Single: Sex is Better
#4 Reason to be in a Relationship: Sex is More Meaningful

They say sex is overrated. I believe this too, if there's no love or meaning. 

#3 Reason to be Single: You can Watch Whatever You Want
#3 Reason to be in a Relationship: You can Enjoy Things Together and Still Watch What you Want

Look, I don't like Tagalog movies. But I accompany my wife to the theater to watch it. But when it's my turn, she comes with me too, without saying a word. Whatever it is, we enjoy it together. We don't make a fuss out of it. Marriage is a give and take thing, and it doesn't mean that you won't get to watch any nonsense B movies anymore. Sooner or later, you both will enjoy the same things, and it doesn't really matter anymore.

#2 Reason to be Single: You Can Spend More Time With Your Friends
#2 Reason to be in a Relationship: You Gain More Friends

When you get married, you become one - and you inherit each other's friends as well. My wife and I enjoy being with each other's friends and relatives, and find out that there are more people out there who can be compatible with us. But still, we don't stop each other from seeing each other friends either. 

#1 Reason to be Single: You Learn what You Need from a Relationship
#1 Reason to be in a Relationship:  You Learn and Grow together in the Relationship

How can you learn what you need from a relationship when you're not in one? I've learned more about myself in the marriage because there's someone unbiased reprimanding me, telling me to pick up the towel off the floor, to flush the toilet, to put the toothbrush where it belongs and not to eat on the bed. It's not a walk in the park, but hey, that's what love is.

Single guys will probably not click on the LIKE button for this blog entry, but sorry, that's my opinion. What are you thoughts on this?











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts