The All-new Macbook Pro with Retina Display


This is what greeted me on the Apple website this morning  - the all-new Macbook Pro with Retina display! As a heavy Mac user, I've been waiting for Apple to come up with a new Pro line - hoping for a lighter, thinner, and monstrous specifications.. the portability of the Macbook Air and the power of the high end Pro series. I guess this would be it. 

Well, it's not as light as the Macbook Air, but it has let go of the optical drive, which was what I was expecting (0.71 inch thin and 4.46 lbs), and it only comes with an ultra fast Quad-core i7 processor. It has the new thunderbolt ports (2 of them), two USB 3 ports and an HDMI port. All flash storage (256GB and 512GB) makes data trasfer faster than the old Macbook pro lines, with a roaring 500 MBPS sequential read speed; and 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory.

I guess the real stunner here is the 5.1 million megapixel Retina display. Yum.

More detailed specs are here: http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs/

The 13inch and 15inch Macbook Pros are still available, and this new Macbook Pro is a separate offering with only a 15inch version. Price starts at $2,199 which is I think reasonable. I've gotten used to the Mac price ranges already ever since I started using Apple. 

Yes, I'm getting one.











Comments

Popular Posts