A Great Japanese Find at the Manila Polo Club


About a few weeks back, we had a casual meeting at the Manila Polo Club with PJ Castro and Edmund Zialcita (President and General manager of Kameraworld/BigK imaging respectively) over lunch. We ended up dining at Nanten "Japanese Cuisine at the Willow Root". 



The winner of the day was the special blend Iced tea which was awesome. This would be the reason why I would go back to this place. Perfect sweetness and lemony taste to quench the thirst.


My friend and partner, Jayjay, introduced me to this pea pods. You remove the peas from the green covering, and munch of them, Literally tasteless, but it grows on you. 


The California Maki, usual staple of the Japanese restaurant table. A good version. 



The Tuna Sashimi was very good. Fresh and clean.



I didn't eat this. It looks too gooey for me.



The Futomaki was just okay, and I ate only a couple because it was so filling. There was
something raw inside, which I couldn't figure out what.


Tempura Maki, one of the best on the table that day.


If I remember correctly, this was called "Spider" Maki. It consists of your regular maki ingredients with soft-shelled crab which you can eat as a whole. Yummy! I would definitely order this again.


We were so full from all the sushi and sashimi, but we decided to take that extra mile and order Sukiyaki. This was the best Sukiyaki I've had in a few years - tasty, perfect blend of sweet and salty, and good beef.

I would rate Nanten an 8/10, with great sushi selections. However, because of the fantastic iced tea, I give it another +1. I would go back to this place to savor the other dishes we didn't order. Calling PJ Castro - when are we meeting again?


Comments

Popular Posts