My Little Van Gogh Teaches Me

Today, I saw my son painting happily away without a care in the world. I asked him playfully to look at the camera - he looks up and gives me a little smile of contentment, probably thinking, "It doesn't matter if my painting looks like a mess, what matters is I'm painting, and I'm loving it." Sometimes I wish I could experience the "age of discoveries" again, the time when the simple things let you just sit down and enjoy the rush. In our current world of busyness and stress, we tend to forget and focus on building our wealth and reputation - when the wealth already sits right here on our throne, ourselves. With all our years of experience, we still learn most about life by observing how our children begin theirs.


I love you, Gabby. 

Comments

Popular Posts